SUNRISE INC. has implemented the following measures in order to protect personal information.
- The use of personal information will comply with relevant laws and other standards and norms.
- The collection of personal information will be done by lawful and just means. Personal information will not be collected by illicit means. We will declare and make known the intended usage of personal information to the person to whom the information relates. Further, if the need arises to use the information beyond the scope of that intended by the person to whom the information relates, the person will be re-informed of the new intended usage, and SUNRISE will only use the information with the consent of the person to whom the information relates.
- Due measures will be taken to prevent unlawful access, loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information.
- In cases where personal information is to be entrusted to outside bodies for processing, necessary contracts will be entered and due supervision carried out.
- Upon request by the person to whom the personal information relates for its disclosure, amendment, cessation of use, deletion, etc., SUNRISE will take appropriate action after the requesting individual’s identity has been confirmed.
- Personal information (excluding information of designated individuals based in the law pertaining to the use of numbers in administrative procedures to identify specific individuals [the My Number law]) will not be disclosed to any third party except in the following circumstances:
- with the consent of the information to whom the information relates;
- if required by the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information”;
- it is disclosed in circumstances in which the person to whom the information relates cannot be identified (such as for statistical data, etc.); or,
- its disclosure or submission is ordered by judicial or other administrative bodies on legal grounds.
- Personal information protection efforts will be continuously reconsidered and improved.
- Regarding the handling of specified individual information and individual numbers (“Specified Individual Information”), the My Number law, other related laws, and other standards and norms will be adhered to. Further, in regards to safety control measures for specified individual information, regulations for their handling are set and administered separately.
Yasuo Miyakawa, President and CEO